Sunday, March 14, 2010

Grampa's favorite thing to do WHILE watching TV


Seen any good TV lately? I used to watch till I drifted off, but with this blog I have become a multi-tasker. After all those years in radio ignoring the top forty music to produce the news, I'm blogging more now and really enjoying it while Gramma Rosie's favorite chick flicks and reality shows go merrily on. I rarely look up until I can't quite think of the right word.

I've produced some fairly decent video projects. My semi-invalid Gramma Rosie and I watch a ton of television. Former Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz once described me with a racist joke. It was embarrassing in the Nixon administration. It describes me pretty accurately. Butz said something like, "Dis man say to hisself, 'I gits up early, I works hard and when I sits down, I goes to sleep!' " If you know the joke, I left out some of the ugly bits. I edited content to suit your tender sensibilities.

I have a one and a half wide recliner we wanted to call gthe Grampa Chair that has become my Recliner of Affliction, especially when it comes to television. It works better than chloraform. When I can't take it any more, I sit there to relax a little and watch TV. Somewhere way past midnight I wake up to an empty living room and a dim light on to guide me to sleep in a proper bed.

There's a lot of GREAT TV. For example, we like Both NCIS series, The Good Wife, Castle, and Mercy. I think we'll get to like the show that premiered tonight (7 mountain on NBC). It's a revival of the old Beat the Clock program with Bud Collier called MINUTE TO WIN IT. I love it for the Reindeer Games I develop for my Santa visits. After the traditional magic, I've morphed our Santa into a reality game show host. The challenge has been coming up with new games for families I've visited for more than 20 years. (See Santa's Electric Sleigh/Reindeer Games ) .

WARNING: at this writing I haven't yet put our Santa blog into action, so if you're interested in such things, send me a comment below. Include your e-mail address and I'll get back to you with a few of the better ways Santa can use to teach families how to play big muscle games just for fun! Anybody can run a cheesy little table game. Kids love to get up and move in fun! That's what "Big Muscle" games are all about.

Do you have some inside information on tricks you use to keep gramkids entertained and learning? Send me a comment below! JRH

No comments:

Post a Comment