Thursday, March 4, 2010

Isn't GiT a bad word?


In some parts of the world, (Britain) Git is an insult for a senior citizen.

Much in the same way that law enforcement professionals have tried to turn the semi-nasty word "Cop" into a compliment, I'm hoping that GiT (note the uppercase T) will be an acronym for the name of this blog. (COP is short for a number of defintions: Constable on patrol, Courage Optimism Pride, etc.)

I knew a great friend years ago named Bruce who wore a little button in his suit lapel with a heart missing part of the outline. He told me it stood for his membership in a unique group called the Open Heart Club. He turned out to be curious and teachable and adaptable. What a great combination in business!

That teachable-curious-adaptable combination are the best mind set for a successful Grampa in Training. I'm looking into a lapel pin, a button, T-Shirts and maybe a certification--but for now I'll settle for your response at the bottom of this page.

In the meantime, please take some pride in becoming a better GiT--and we'll all succeed as we pool and share here on this blog. JRH

2 comments:

  1. Guess I'd better test out this facet of our new Blog. I say "OUR" because I hope this becomes a focal point for pooling and sharing the collective wisdom of all the Grampas, Wannabes and the Grammas who love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a second test with a new picture

    ReplyDelete